Great web sites don’t “just happen.” They are the result of good design and site principles, which make it easy for your visitors to find what they are looking for.
So, the success of your web site is directly related to how well your site is planned, so this means laying the groundwork first.
To effectively reach and hold your audience, your web site needs to be:
- Targeted to your audience
- Tested, and
- Maintained and updated
Understand the real objectives of your web site:
- How does the currrent business environment impact on your customers?
- Customer interactions – What do you want them to do on your site?
- Marketing strategies – Tie in your offline marketign to your web site.
- Online Business Plan – You wouldn’t run a business without a business plan and you site should be no different.
Pay close attention to:
- Site Structure
- Ease of Navigation
- Download performance
- Well designed layout, and
- Compelling Content
Therefore to obtain the optimal returns from your online strategy, be specific about what you are trying to achieve from implementing a web site.
By do this, the payoff will be a well thought out web site that encourages your site visitors to spend time on your web site and take the actions you want them to!