Following is our step by step website planner, that will have you well on the way to achieving a successful website.
Step 1 – List Your Website Objectives
What objectives would you like your website to achieve?
- Increase sales
- Expand into new markets
- Better service existing clients
- Increase customer satisfaction
Reduce operating costs
- Reduce the cost of making sales
Step 2 – Define Your Target Audience
Who is going to be interacting with your Internet presence?
- Potential Clients
- Existing Clients
- Trade Clients
- Business Partners
- Information Seekers
- Employees or Internal Users
Step 3 – Target Audience Requirement
What does your Target Audience Require?
- Preliminary Product or Services Information
- Ability to purchase online
- Company Information
- Product Support
- Interactive Content
- Comparisons of Products
Step 4 – Repeat Visitors
What will make your target market return to your site?
- Regular content changes
- Interesting Content
- Regular Purchasing Requirements
- Product Support
- Online help
Step 5 – Define Content
Once you have completed the four steps, you can start defining your site-map. This is a list of page names for the type of content required to meet your websites overall objectives.?
Step 6 – Define your Content Management
How often will you update content to keep visitors coming back?
- Content Manager/s
- Feature and Articles
- Payment Processing
- Stock Control
- Enquiry Replies
Step 7 – Define Site Access and Memberships
What access will different visitors have to content and products?
- Public Access to all content
- Member Access to specific content
- Pricing Dependant on Access Levels
Step 8 – If an online store, plan products and catalogue
- Product Layout
- Stock Levels
- Price Breaks
- Member level pricing
- Shipping and Handling
- Reward Points
Step 9 – Design and Layout Planning
How do you want the layout and feel of your site?
- Corporate Profile
- Existing marketing material look
- Colors and Layout
- Graphics and Images
- Site Structure
Step 10 – Review and Research Website Planning
What advantages will be provided in your website compared to your competition?
- Get feedback on your website planning
- Review how all aspects of your website plan will work in together
- If offering special features check to see if the users will benefit and use them
The more planning you do before building your website will increase your ability to achieve a website that will maximise your investment in both time and money, and deliver the required results.